Monday, June 13, 2016

06.13.16 Testify, Testify, Testify!





Hey everybody!

How are you doing?  It is so good to hear from you all!  I love you guys so much!  Good luck Karli with the whole baby thing.. cant wait to meet my niece!  Con Dawg.. you are the man, keep killing it in your internship!  Show them what it is all about!   Nate, we are going to have some fun in Iowa.. I need to fill myself with some corn!  Do they have tortillas?  haha that was a joke..

Well, everybody, this week was great!  Elder Paiz and I set the goal to challenge everybody that we talk with to baptism.  And as a district we put a goal to challenge 50 to baptism each area.  Well, Elder Paiz and I challenged the entire boat that crosses from Jimenez to Golfito to be baptized.  I was giving my companion a little bit of a hard time because he was nervous to do it.  So I told him that he was going to do it on the way to Golfito.  So, we sat down on the boat and everyone was talking.  He got up the courage and stood in front of everyone and invited them all to prepare themselves to be baptized by the restored priesthood authority.  The boat got so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.  He shared a brief message about baptism and the restoration of the gospel and we took off to Golfito.  I did the boat on the way back!  It is pretty fun to do.  Our purpose is to always testify of Jesus Christ.  The Savior taught "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven."  
We are going to have a meeting this week with the District Presidency, we will be discussing the support that is needed for the group and making plans to raise the church attendance and to better organize the group.  

I gave my last testimony to the group on Sunday.  It was really sad.  I love these members so much and it will be hard to say good bye.  Next week is the district conference in Rio Claro so this was my last Sunday in Jimenez.  After the conference on Sunday, President Hayes will be taking the missionaries that are finishing this week to San Jose in the back of his car haha.  It will be a lot better than the bus for sure.  

I don't have more time..  the power has gone out like 6 times and shut down the computers so I didn't have much time to write.  I love you guys!  I hope to write in San Jose next Monday.  

Keep the faith!  Hurray for Israel!

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment