Sunday, January 10, 2016

12.19.15 Hey Family!



Hey family!

I am so excited to talk to each of you on Christmas!!  It is great that you will all be in Draper to celebrate together!  I hope that you eat some good food together.  I am enjoying the traditional Christmas tamales!  They are made with corn flour and wrapped in palm leaves.  They are pretty good!

This week was great!  We  spent much of our time preparing for the mission Christmas activity that will be held here in the office.  I don't know if you knew this, but our office used to be a chapel, so it has sufficient space to fit everyone.  It is going to be a big event, we are finding places for each of the missionaries to stay, because many our over 3 hours away from San José.  The Hayes family loves to entertain, and especially Sister Hayes has been working so hard so that all of the missionaries can have a great experience and that we can rejoice together in the birth of the Savior of the world.  

President Hayes is starting to get "trunky" on us.  At least a couple of times, he has said "Elders, do you know how fast it will be before you are home."  We always tell him that six months is a long time and we can serve so much in that time.  President has also finally felt that he is ready to bring in our replacements.  They will be coming in on 28th of December.  We will then start to train them and prepare to hit the field full time once again.    

This Christmas season has been so special!  Christmas time in the mission is such a spiritual time and it teaches how Christmas really should be celebrated.  Every detail, even the special Christmas music has a way to touch and move the soul.  As we put our focus our Savior, and the building of His kingdom, a special Spirit abounds in all of the things that we do.  I have felt a cleansing and renewal of the soul as I have tried to share the good news of the birth of a Savior to all.  The Spirit has guided and directed us as we have tried to share this message of life and salvation.  

Also, I feel more grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of the blessings that He has blessed us with.  Many people in this world don't even have enough food to eat on Christmas morning.  As I see these situations, I feel sad, and I give thanks to my Father for how fortunate we are.  It is my hope that we can all give thanks to our Lord for how fortunate we are.

As I ponder the birth of the Savior, I think of nothing more important in this world.  Angels sang praises at His birth, and I hope to see angels sing and rejoice once more when He comes again.  His life, ministry, and atonement have no earthly comparison.  He is the reason that we are, and the reason that we will live again.  

I hope that we all can remember our Savior this Christmas!

Can't wait to talk to each of you!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decía "Comemos tamales todo el mes de Diciembre!"

No comments:

Post a Comment