Sunday, January 10, 2016

1.2.16 Great Week!



Hey family!

I hope that you are not all too sad that the holidays ended and that you are all back in your respective homes and back to normal life.  From what I hear, everything is well with all of you and I am praying for you always!  

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord and for all of the blessings that he gives us.  This week I received my new companion, Elder Abel.  I don't know if that makes me Elder Cain but we are getting along better than they did haha.  He is a great missionary and we are working hard in the office and out.  It has been a really interesting change after having the same companion for nearly a year.  I moved upstairs with him so I had to say goodbye to my cushy bed.  I'm back to feeling the springs in my back each night haha.  It builds character.

This week we sent home a group of 12 missionaries.  They were great!  The weirdest thing was that the sister missionaries that came with us were the ones that went home.  I came with them on the flight here and sent them home this week.  They are already done!  What a blessing we have 6 months to continue working and growing the kingdom of God.

We are living a little bit of a cultural thing right now in Zapote.  Each year around Christmas the hold the Fiestas de Zapote.  The entire country comes to participate in the parties and do all sorts of crazy things.  The interesting thing about it is that we live a stones toss from the bull ring and party grounds.  Honestly, we walk out of our house and we are in the middle of Costa Rica's biggest party.  Each night there are fireworks and loud music until late.  It would keep me up if I wasn't such a deep sleeper haha.

The mission is great! It is my hope that we continue building our relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ each day.  

I love you all and pray for you always!!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decía "Cuando está en Costa Rica, hay que echar pa'delante"

No comments:

Post a Comment