Sunday, January 10, 2016

12.12.15 I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Hey everybody!

I love you all so much!  Sounds like you are happy and well and that the Lord continues to bless each of you.  I am really excited that you will all be together for Christmas so that we can talk!  It will be great!  

This week was great!  My companion had his birthday, so it was a week full of cake and food from members.  The day of his birthday, I felt that i was not going to be able to conquer the fourth plate of rice, fourth slice of cake, and fourth helping of ice cream.  However, I came out of it a stronger man and only felt mildly sick for the rest of the week haha.  

Tonight we have the "cena Navideña"(Christmas dinner) for the ward.  We are planning to take quite a few people and the ward has been working hard to prepare for it.  It is going to be great!  We will be having pig (because that is what everyone eats for Christmas here).  The Christmas season is in full swing here in Costa Rica too, and the traffic near all of the malls is almost to a stand-still.  

Today the zone did a service activity in Concepcion de Tres Rios.  We went to a really poverty-stricken place to play soccer with the kids and prepare them a meal.  The activity was great and the kids were fun to be with. The only problem was that somehow the zone leaders completely forgot that we had to bring a meal so there was kind of a problem.  So, I took off with my companion and we bought pizzas for everybody.  I imagine that they don't eat pizza very often, so they were very happy to see us arrive with a stack of pizzas!  

I hope that you are all doing well!  I love you all lots!

Elder Nelson

P.S. Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decía "Hay que echarle las ganas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment