Saturday, November 28, 2015

11.28.15 Happy Holidays!

Hey everybody!!

I hope you had a great week and an especially great Thanksgiving!!  I am glad that the family was together and that you got to enjoy each other's company.  I sure had a great Thanksgiving!  It was the first time I had eaten food that was so authentically American in a long time!  I was in heaven!

This week was definitely one to remember!  President sent us on an errand to Puerto Viejo to take care of some business for him.  So, we loaded up the Hilux and headed out.  Puerto Viejo is a little branch in the state of Limon and is part of the Guapiles Stake (same stake as La Rita).  So we headed out for the two and a half hour drive to Puerto Viejo.  The drive out there was so beautiful and green.  We saw waterfalls, rivers, and dense fog.  When we arrived in Puerto Vejo, it was hot!  It is completely different than San Jose and it was interesting to be in the campo again.  Everyone there works in fields and lives in little houses made of tin.  We were able to see the little building that the branch rents to meet in and it was really great!  It reminded me of when we were meeting in the school in La Rita.  When it rained, you could forget about hearing what the speaker said because of the noise of the heavy rain beating down on the tin roof.   Good memories!

After finishing what we were sent to do, President said that we could stop in La Rita on the way back.  Can you believe it!  I was so happy!  So we pulled off onto the little dirt roads of La Rita to see a couple of families that I worked with there. I only had a little bit of time so I could only visit two houses.  We pulled up to Hermana Luisa's house.  The same wooden house was there on the side of the river.  We parked the car and started down the dirt path to the front door.  All of her grandkids live there and always play outside.  As I came down the path all of the little kids looked a little baffled.  After a few seconds they began to scream "Elder Nelson is here" and ran to the house to let everyone know.  When we got to the house, there was the entire family inside their humble home, and Hermana Kaylin  (our old cook) was in there too doing her visiting teaching!  We sang a hymn, said a prayer, and heard the little message from Kaylin.  It brought back tons of memories of just one year ago, wiping the dust off our bags after setting them down on the dirty cement floor.  

Afterwards, I stopped by the house of Moises and Marisol real quick to see how they were doing.  They were the couple that we helped to marry and baptize.  They, too, were all in the house.  It was so great to see them after so long.  Marisol's son Braulin, was there too, and he got baptized the week that I left La Rita.  We talked a bit and they informed me that they have the goal with the bishop to get sealed in January!!  They love the church and are doing so great!

This week we had a great lesson with Renzo!  He is so prepared and has read just about every piece of literature that we have placed in his hands.  In the lesson, he explained all about the temple to us!  He had read all about it in the Liahona magazine haha.  He accepted a baptismal date and we are working with him to be able to be prepared for that day!  At the close of the lesson we knelt in prayer.  I know that the Lord prepares those that are ready to receive our message.  How grateful I am to serve him.

I hope you all have a great week!  You're the best!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decìa "Fe en cada paso."

No comments:

Post a Comment