Sunday, November 8, 2015

11.07.15

Hey everybody!

Hope that everything is going well at home!  Great job Conner on landing the internship!  I'm not super surprised but I am happy for you.  Congratulations to Nate and Kelly for upgrading into a bigger apartment.  Not much is better than that!  Now you can study more in peace, huh?  Good on ya.  And a shout out to little Bentley for doing some trick or treating even though he was scared.  Good job!!

This week was a great week and we had some great experiences.  You know the kick-boxer from Meet the Mormons?  Well my companion and I met her this past week.  Her husband was with us at a meeting in the Seminary and Institute building so we got to meet her.  Pretty cool!

We have been starting to work a lot with the less actives of the ward.  We have been asking everyone who are the less active families and we are going out to find them.  On Sunday evening, we went to a family's house to ask about the less actives and we left with a planner full of names, phone numbers, and plans.  Super great!  We have lots of work to do and many great leads.  We are hoping to raise the attendance of the ward.  We ask the Lord to direct us as we seek out the "lost sheep"  and bring them back to the fold.  This week I learned a bit more about this principle as I studied the parable of the lost sheep in Luke 15. Christ taught "
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
 And when he cometh home, he calleth together hisfriends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
I pondered how it was that this sheep could have been lost.  There are several possibilities really: it fell in a hole, broke its leg,  or possibly couldn't keep up with the rest.  Really it doesn't matter how the sheep got lost.  The same is with us.  People get lost for many different reasons: it could be that they are offended at church, they don't get along with the bishop, or they are confronted with new trials and temptations.  Really is doesn't matter how we got could have gotten lost.  What matters is that we show the Lord that we are willing to do all that he commands, and that we are willing to humble ourselves before Him and to do His will.   The Lord is always calling, we must decide whether or not to respond to His call.
This week I saw a little miracle.  Most times that I go to migration with missionaries I buy some cookies or chips that they have at a little stand there.  Naturally, I have become friends with the young man who sells them to me.  This week were talking a bit and he asked me about Jehovah.  I started to explain to him about our beliefs and how Jehovah really is Jesus Christ.  We talked a little more and I decided to return back to the missionaries to check on them.  Moments later, he came over to me and asked for me to come visit his house and to teach him more about what we believe.  I told him that we would gladly send over the missionaries closest to his house and was very delighted when he said that he lived in Zapote.  He is in our area!  We have an appointment to go teach him this coming week.  Fingers crossed.  Buying cookies is a great way to share the gospel!
I love you all and hope that everything is well on the home front.
Elder Nelson
Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decía "Compre algunas galleticas en todos lados para predicar el evangelio."


No comments:

Post a Comment