Wednesday, November 4, 2015

10.31.15 Happy Halloween!

Hey everybody! 
It sounds like everybody is in tip-top shape in the Nelson home!  Conner, I'm pulling for you with the internship, I know everything will work out great.  Nate is studying the GI system huh?  That's pretty interesting if you ask me.  Take good notes haha.  Have fun spending the weekend in St. George and "trick or treating" with the grandkids.

This week was great!  I spent a lot of time this week whipping this office into shape!  It looks really good now and it is really organized.  The mission is 100% legal and we are leading Central America in properly documented missionaries.  I will be doing tons of migration work this week just to tie up some loose ends and then we will be free sailing.  So, everything is well here in the office.  Elder Burt recently had his birthday so we ate some chocolate cake.  Mmmmmm.  

Christmas is going to be a lot different here in the city.  Half of the city is already lit up with Christmas lights and all of the stores are playing Christmas music.  Everybody has already began to celebrate.  It will be a lot different than La Rita for sure.  Also, Elder Nielson and I will be celebrating our 9 month companionship anniversay hahaha.  Going strong!

This morning we cleaned up the house.  It was absolutely disgusting!  My companion and I have gotten really good and cleaning the place up after tons of missionaries have been through it.  It is no longer a disaster zone so we are happy.  While we were cleaning today there was a pretty big earthquake in the morning.  No damage to anything but we definitely felt it.  I'm pretty sure a volcano erupted too because when we got to the office today our shirts wee covered in ash.  I'm sure we will hear about it later from people that we talk to.  Costa Rica is great!  I love it so much!

This week President has been doing zone conferences in all of the zones.  We attended on Wednesday and it was amazing!  We had the assignment to read Mosiah 1-5 , which as you all know is the discourse of King Benjamin to his people, before we came.  It was so good and I learned so much.  He taught about the significance of what was taught and it really opened up my mind to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Up to this point in the world, the people have been living the Law of Moses.  King Benjamin calls together all of his people and begins to teach them about Jesus Christ and about the "higher law" that he will teach.  We cannot live our lives under the Law of Moses.  Doing things just to do them or completing things just to say we did.  To live the "higher law," we must do things out of love for Jesus Christ and His gospel.  We must continue to progress always, continually thinking of "what more do I lack."  We must constantly work to become "spiritually born again."  The sermon on the mount teaches us a lot about this "higher law," and as we strive to live it, we will find that we act more out of love to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and less out of fear of punishment.  The scriptures never cease to amaze me.  There is so much knowledge and power found inside.  If we want to fill our lives with "light" we must start in the scriptures.  

This week we got some great references from members and we are very happy!  Some great new investigators for sure!  We are trying to teach our Savior's gospel the best we can.  I know that all of the success that we have comes from our Heavenly Father.  It's his work!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!  ¡Pura Vida!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo Mexicano siempre me decia "Lo limpio nos acerca a lo divino."

P.S. I finally got myself a new pillow.  My old one was gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment