Monday, October 12, 2015

10.10.15 Conferencia General Octubre 2015

Hey everybody!

So I saw the the pictures of the wedding finally!  Wow.. everything looks completely different.  I can tell that you put tons of work into it and it looked fantastic!  Everybody looked different too.  Robert is huge and has tons of hair!  I never even met the little guy, but he is no longer a little guy.  Karli's two kids look super big too, wow.  Everybody just looks different in those pictures.  Oh well, I guess I look different too.  My companion tells me that I look like an old man.  Everybody in the street guesses that I am 25 or up.  I no longer have the baby face that I loved so much haha.

I hope you all enjoyed General Conference.  It was so good!  We tried to get as many people there as possible and I feel like it was a success.  Elias was there for all five sessions!  He is doing so good.  There were so many good talks, and I noticed that a ton of them were great for all of the Costa Rican members.  Right on point. I loved Niel L. Andersen´s statement "For now, give Brother Joseph a break!  In a future day, you will have 100 times more information than from all of today’s search engines combined, and it will come from our all-knowing Father in Heaven."  What great advice for us, and like he also said "faith is not by chance, but by choice."  We can spend our whole lives living as critics and unbelievers, or we can put all of that aside and begin to FEEL what the Spirit tells us to be true.  Through the spirit we can know the truthfulness of all things.  I am so excited to review all of these General Conference talks, so good!

This week we were in the office quite a bit preparing for the changes this week.  We will be bringing in a good number of new missionaries and saying goodbye to a bunch of my friends who have finished their missions.  It will be a busy week and we will have a full house.
 
Cultural note:  Do not mention the word "Halloween" in Costa Rica.  The country is very superstitious, and they don't want anything to do with it.  My companion bought some pumpkins at the store this week, and when he was walking back to the office people yelled at him and called him a demon worshiper.  It is even to the extreme that some people, when they hear that members in the United States celebrate Halloween, they go inactive and never go back to church.  I just thought that it was so interesting.  

Hey, I was in the Central American news section of the Liahona this month.  Pretty cool, huh?  I'll send you a picture.

Well, I've gotta go!  The church is true!  Love you tons!  

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo m
exicano siempre me decía "Agarre la barra de hierro, y no lo suelte para nada."

No comments:

Post a Comment