Sunday, October 4, 2015

02.10.15

Hey everybody!

I send my love from Costa Rica!  Everything is well here, the work is great and the people are good to us.  Glad to hear that everyone will be home for the weekend.  Hopefully you can all listen to conference together and receive the inspired direction from prophets of God!  And with the new apostles, who could miss such a great conference.  To prepare for conference, I watched Jeffrey R. Holland's first talk as an apostle.  It was so good, and got me excited to see what happens.  The best part of this situation is that whoever it is.. we know that we are in good hands, the God of Israel directs this church!

This week was great!  Elias got a temple recommend and went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.  He loved it!  He also blessed the sacrament this Sunday.  He was so nervous but did so well! He also went out on divisions with us this week, he completely taught the lesson and testified like a champ. He is turning 17 soon and has his eyes set on a mission, it makes us so happy to see him growing and progressing in the gospel.  He is so great!  

We have been teaching several good families and hope to bring as many people to the stake center this weekend as possible to hear a prophet's voice!  We will be running back and forth between each session to see who we can get there. I'm really excited!

My companion is a Christmas lover.  I mean.. can I blame him? But, on October 1st he started the Christmas season here in the office.  He always has the music playing, and he has been buying tons of hot chocolate.  Personally, I think it's a little early, but it makes him happy so it's all good!  We´ve got the Christmas spirit going in October.

I hope that you all enjoy conference!  I love you lots!  ¡Que Dios les bendiga!

Elder Nelson

P.S. Amazing talk that I heard this week.  Tad R. Callister is one of my favorites. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/joseph-smith-prophet-of-the-restoration?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment