Tuesday, September 15, 2015

09.05.15 The Ninth Wheel

Hey everybody!

Conner is getting married today!  You are the best!  I love you so much and hope that it is a day that you will never forget!  I wish I could be there with you, but the Lord needs me here and that is perfectly fine with me.  This morning when I woke up it dawned on me that I am now the ninth wheel of the family!  You've got Mom and Dad, Zach and Karli, Nate and Kelly, Conner and Claire, and Tan Dawg.  Hopefully one day we can make this training wheel into a ten wheeler haha.

This week was another changes week.  We were really busy and tired all week, but we made it without any problems.  We went to the airport at 2:30 in the morning twice this week.  I'm starting to think there has got to be a limit to how many times someone can wake up at 2:30 to go to the airport on their mission haha.  I don´t know what it could be, but it looks like I still haven't hit that limit so all is well!  President changed around the schedule of changes this time so it took us a little bit of getting used to but we figured it out and I think in the long run the changes were good.  

Last Sunday there was a meeting for all of the stake presidents and stake secretaries in the Seminary and Institute building.  President asked us to attend to represent the Rio Claro District.  It was very interesting to learn all about how the stakes function and it was a great experience.  Later that night, we took the Burts with us to a lesson with Oscar and Martha.  Sister Burt is a convert to the gospel and had many similar difficulties when the missionaries began to teach her family.  She doesn't speak Spanish, so we translated for her and it was great!  The Spirit was strong.  Then they asked Elder Burt if he would give them blessing to overcome their addictions.  It was a great lesson and we are very happy to see the progress that they are having.  

Elias continues doing very well!  Yesterday he had his baptismal interview and he passed.  We are planning his baptism for this week and we couldn't be more happy to see the progress that he has made.  Through his example, his grandmother has been reactivated and the rest of the family is warming back up the the missionaries.  

This week I went on divisions twice to other areas!  It was so weird!  I haven't been on divisions in a different area for seven and a half months!  It was really good to get out and be kind of like a normal missionary again.  On Tuesday I went to Tres Rios with Elder Saavedra from Colombia and yesterday I was with Elder Gonzalez from Guatemala in Paso Ancho.  It was fun to talk with them and get to know them better.  I learned a lot from both areas and the investigators that we taught.

This week we also received an amazing reference from a member.  She had been attending church for quite a while before but stopped going and stopped investigating the church.  We received the reference from her family members and she is completely receive the gospel now.  It is funny how each person has a time to receive the gospel.  Not every person that we teach will be ready right away, but the Lord has a way of working on them over time until they become ready.

I love you all tons!  Un abrazo!

Elder Nelson

"Su camion solo tiene nueve ruedas, me parece raro."

No comments:

Post a Comment