Monday, August 31, 2015

08.29.15

Hey family!!

I'm glad to hear that everything went great with the surgery!  I know that the Lord took care of Nate and that he blesses our family so much.  Your letters have shown me a lot about the faith through this trial, and it reminds me of a scripture in the seventh chapter of Moroni--  37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.--  Faith produces miracles, and the Lord blesses His children when they act upon their faith.  I hope that the recovery continues well and that the Lord continues to bless you.  

It seems to me that the wedding is coming up soon!  I'm sure it will be the event of the year!  I will be there in heart.  Love you Con Dawg.  And the nephews are well too, what more could we ask for?  We really are blessed.

This week has been super great!  Elder Nielson and I are doing well and working hard to strengthen the members and teach the gospel to everyone who will talk to us.  I told you about an investigator named Elias, the son of a less-active member that we have been working with.  Well, this week we made major advancements with him.  He is our buddy now!  Before in our lessons, he wouldn't talk much, kind of like he didn't want to tell us things.  But now he is complete dynamite.  He has had several problems while growing up, but he is ready to change and he is on fire.  He is sixteen years old now and has been smoking two to three packs of cigarettes a day starting at the age of twelve.  He has overcome that like a champ.  He has had some terrible experiences with evil spirits, so getting him to pray was a struggle at first, but now he is doing great!  This week he washed all of the mission cars and was with us at the office for most of the day.  We gave him a white shirt and a tie to wear to church and he is excited to wear it.  We told him that we would take him to get a smoothie later on today and he asked us if we would be wearing our white shirts and ties.  We responded that we would, so he asked if he could wear his too when we go to get smoothies.  I'm excited for that later today haha!

We are working hard with Oscar and Martha to get them over their addictions.  It is a battle but I know that they can do it!

Well, in the office we are really taken care of.  The Hayes love to feed us all of the time, and it is not helping my figure haha.  They always make us food for our meetings.  Earlier this week we went to the one-month check up with all of the trainers and new missionaries and we had quite the barbeque.  Super delicious.  And this morning we met with President in his home and Sister Hayes prepared a breakfast with the works.  Scones, fresh fruit, bacon, etc.  And lately she has been bringing us loaves of freshly cooked bread that she baked with honey butter.  You don't have to worry about me starving one bit haha.  

This week, in honor of the family, I took my companion to eat at Johnny Rockets.  It was super good and now I know where it is at.  It is like five minutes from the office haha.  I didn't know it was that close but now I think it will be a more frequent trip.

The work is well!  Costa Rica is good!  God is great!  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to be a missionary!  It is the greatest calling in the church!  The Lord loves His children and wants the best for each of them.  We just need speck of faith and He will do the rest. Like Elder D. Todd Christofferson testified in the April General Conference --No one is predestined to receive less than all that the Father has for His children.--

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decia --Despues de comer una hamburgesa rica, hay que terminar con un pastel de manzana--

P.S.  The Hayes have set up a facebook page called Los Hayes en Costa Rica, and they are constantly putting up pictures of the mission. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment