Sunday, July 12, 2015

07.11.15

Hey everybody!
It's good to hear that there is excitement in the Nelson home!  It sounds like the place is changing a lot!  I would love to see some photos when it is finished!  I'm glad to hear that everything is well with the nephews and they are growing up strong.  Give them a double cheeseburger plain for me haha.
This week was a good week.  Nothing really new happened this week, we just took care of the normal routine.  Something this week that we were able to do was go on a tour of the major hospital in San Jose.  It is super nice, it is one of the nicest buildings down town.  Sister Hayes and the nurse took us with them and it was an interesting experience.  It makes me want to be a doctor haha.  But, next week I will be preparing for changes and for the new missionaries to arrive.  So it will be busy. 
This week I brought in an Elder from Limon to get his residency.  He stayed in our house on Wednesday night and I noticed that his white shirt was ironed super crisp.  So, he taught me how he irons his shirt and now I know the secrets.  My shirts are looking pretty crisp now and feel pretty proud of it haha. 
Yesterday we had a little miracle in the street.  A man came up and wanted to talk to us.  Years ago, he was thrown out of his old church because he wasn't married.  So he asked us if we would accept him in our church.  "Of course!" we said.  He went on to tell us that he wants to be married and baptized.  Then he said that he has six children and he wants them all to be baptized as well.  It was a great experience and it made my companion and I super excited after not having much luck for most of the day.  We really hope that it turns out to be something good.  It's super interesting the little miracles that we see every day.  Truly the Lord directs this work.
Also, remember the new investigators I told you about last week?  Well, we went to their house this week and one of their friends was there, Byron.  He has had a rough life and is trying to find God.  He had been addicted to drugs and has been fighting to change his life.  So we taught him along with our new investigators.  He is super good!  He asked for work off to come to church tommorrow and we are super excited for him!  Surely he will feel the spirit in church.
This morning I was listening to a talk that I really liked.  It's called "The Challenge to Become" by Dallin H. Oaks.  He said "In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something."  I love this message for those who have been members for their entire life as well as the new members.  Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can become what the Lord would have us become. 
Have a great week!  I love you lots!
Elder Nelson
Mi amigo Mexicano siempre me decía "Siempre felices, nunca satisfechos."

No comments:

Post a Comment