Sunday, May 31, 2015

05/30/15

Hey everybody!!
How are all of you doing?  It sure seems like you have had quite the time in the last little bit.  Contrats Conner for getting engaged!  You are the man!  I won't be there for the wedding but I'll be there in spirit!  It also looks like you had quite the boys weekend out in Oklahoma!  I hope you ate a lot for me!  That Oklahoma food is so good!
This week has been so great.  The mission is getting closer and closer to splitting and we only have one more month with President Wilkinson.  This week we worked a lot with him as we have prepared to set up the new stakes this month.  We have had some very long days, but it is all worth it.  Elder Alonso from the Area Presidency arrived yesterday and he is now on a tour with President Wilkinson of the new stakes. President said, "I'm going to show him the beef."  The excitement of the mission is really high!  All of the missionaries are praying and fasting for the stakes, and we are so close to completing the most successful month in the history of the Costa Rica Mission.

It is super sad to see President Wilkinson preparing to leave, but all good things come to an end and I am positive that the new presidents are inspired men that have been called by God to lead the work of salvation in Costa Rica. 
Lately, we have had to spend more time in the office than usual.  We are doing our best to maximize the time that we do have in the field to find and teach.  Truthfully, I have never been so tired in my entire life.  But it is good to be tired haha, more blessings.  We will start to train the new secretaries for the other mission next week, so this week I will be preparing for that.  It's going to be great! 
Tomorrow we have the baptism of Estefania before church.  We are all super excited for that and excited to see her act on her faith.  Her entire family is athiest, but she was always attending a church and trying to get closer to God.  To close each lesson, we knelt down and invited her to ask God if our message was true.  She received her spiritual confirmation of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  My testimony grew as well as I felt the spirit testify to our hearts of the truth.  I know that God loves us, and that he has restored his everlasting gospel in preparation for the second coming of Christ.  I feel it daily and it amazes me how God leads us to his elect. Everyone always says that we must search for the elect.  Recently, I have been studying what that really means.  I found great counsel in Doctrine and Covenants section 29.  This teaches us how to discern who truly is the elect.  It says:

 And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;
My companion and I are putting this principle in practice.  We are searching for the elect of God.  And we have faith that the Lord will lead us to them.  The elect are they that listen, and allow the word to touch their hearts, or to let the spirit testify to them of the truth.  I know that God has prepared His elect from the beginning, and that He will lead us to His lost children.
I love you and hope you have a great week! 
Elder Nelson
Mi amigo mexicano siempre me decía "No estamos acá para luchar sino para recoger a los escogidos de Dios."

No comments:

Post a Comment