Sunday, May 10, 2015

05/09/2015 Happy Mother's Day!

Hey everybody!

This week I just wanted to write a short little letter because I get to talk to you soon anyways.  It has been a great week and I continue to be amazed at how often we seen the hand of the Lord in our lives and in our work.  My testimony strengthens daily that this truly is His work and glory, and He guides us to His prepared and elect.

Yesterday, we were having kind of a rough day with little success all day.  My companion and I were walking at night in Zapote on our way to our correlation meeting with the Ward Mission Leader.  We were walking really fast because we were late and had a 25 minute walk ahead of us.  So we get going and not more than 3 minutes down the road we get yelled at by a couple in a Chinese restaurant as we passed by.  They told us to come over, so we did.  To give some background information, here in Costa Rica the church has commercials on TV that are little mormon messages.  They said that they love the commercials and they got online to mormon.org to ask for a Book of Mormon and it never came.  So we gave them Books of Mormon and talked with them for a bit.  They started to ask us all of the hard questions that everyone tries to confound us on like coffee and tithing.  So we quickly explained some of the reasons we do the things we do and they were so receptive.  We told them how the Book of Mormon came to be and they were so interested.  They are a really young couple and they said that they have been looking around for a church to go to, but they haven't really found what they are looking for.  So they are coming to church on Sunday and we took their information.  Then they gave us a ride to our correlation meeting in their car and we kept talking and they were amazing!  It's like one of those moments on The Best Two Years when the phone rings and they all look up and the angels sing Hallelujah.  My companion and I were stunned.  We hope that they progress and have the spiritual witness that we know they can receive.  It brought to life what President Wilkinson always says, "How can a missionary be discouraged, we are in the Lord's work."  We are in the Lord's work and as soon as we recognize it, we can develop faith and know that He knows better than us.  In the end, if we are obedient and try our best, all will fall in to place as the Lord sees fit.

I have to give a special mother's day shout out to my mom.  I love you so much mom!  Thank you for all that you do for me and the family.  You truly are the best person I know.  Thanks for sitting through years of football practices and teaching my how to be independent.  Thanks for all of the opportunities that you and dad gave me to grow and to succeed, and for the countless sacrifices that you made so that the family could have the best.  Love you lots!

I love you and hope the best for you all!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo Mexicano siempre me decía "Tenga fe, el Dios de Israel nos dirige."

No comments:

Post a Comment