Sunday, March 22, 2015

03/21/15 Survived Changes Week!

Hey fam!

How is everybody doing?!  So I just saw a bunch of photos of Karli´s kids.  They are just the cutest little things haha.  Seriously though they look like a lot of fun!  Lots of family stuff has been going on it sounds like.  That is super exciting!  Everybody coming into town was always a fun time.  I'm sure it was full of excitement and fun.

This week was changes week.. and we survived it!  It truly was the most crazy week of my life.  I have never done anything like it.  We brought in several news and I helped them to fill out a lot of paperwork.  In the night I was able to take two of them out on divisions in our area and it was great!  They had that "fresh out of the MTC fire"  and it was a good day of work. After the week full of events and emergencies, on Friday we had a visit from President Duncan, the Area President and Elder Maynes of the Presidency of the Seventy came to give a mission-wide conference.  It started at 8:30 in the morning, which meant that any area outside of San Jose had to sleep in San Jose on divisions with another area.  To give you an idea, there is an entire zone of missionaries on the border of Panama that are 8 hours in bus away from the city.  We were calling everybody and planning so much.  In the end we had over two hundred missionaries here! There wasn´t enough room in all of the areas so everybody else had the sleep in the office and I was here with them.  It was an interesting experience sleeping in the office, super cold haha.  Finally the next morning everything turned out great and we had the meeting.  It was a great meeting and I learned a lot from the spirit as Elder Maynes taught.  In our weekly meeting with President he told us that we are a very blessed mission.  We have many people in Salt Lake that want to come tour the mission and see what we are doing.  Costa Rica has forever been known as the beautiful country that never had too much success.  We are now leading Central America and we are excited!!

We were blessed to be able to have baptismal services last Sunday!  They were very spiritual and I loved being a part of them.  David and Jorge are super great and I am so happy to see them take such an important step in their eternity.  We are going to be taking Jorge out to work with us a lot and we are excited to have him teach with us.  Noelia is still doing amazing!  She is so funny and just loves the church.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to meet her family and to be able to teach them.  She has had a tough life and she has been prepared for the message that we bring! They are so great and we are planning on her baptism at the end of this month.  She is excited as are we!

I love being a missionary!  It is the greatest calling in the Church!  I have never been so sure of the truthfulness of the gospel in my life.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the kingdom of God upon the face of the Earth.  I love seeing the joy that this gospel brings to everyone that accepts it and lives by its principles.  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me be born into a family with the gospel.  I´m so grateful for how fortunate I am to have been able to grow up in the family that I have with parents that have taught me from a young age the importance of the Church and that I have had so many opportunities in my life.  I am forever grateful for all of the miracles and blessings that we see here in Costa Rica every day and I am glad to be a part of the hastening of the Lord´s work.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Nelson

Mi amigo Mexican siempre me decia "Hay desafíos?  Si.  Hay dificultades? Claro. Ni importa.. Dame este monte!"

No comments:

Post a Comment