Tuesday, January 20, 2015

1/20/15 Marriages and Miracles !!

Hey!!  How is everyone?!  Man I got some pretty good emails this week hahaha it sounds like there have been some pretty funny things going on at the house!  You gotta love it though haha.

This week was by far the most crazy week that I have ever had on my mission.  As we had planned, we were able to have the baptism of our investigator couple Moises and Marisol!  Can I just say.. there is a reason that they don't have missionaries plan weddings!  Man!  That stuff is hard!  I now have so much respect for wedding planners!  You would not believe the amount of obstacles we overcame to pull it off.  I know that the Lord made it possible for us to make that wedding happen.  Firstly, nobody in Costa Rica has any of the documents that they need to get married nor does anybody know what they need haha.  We were on the phone with the lawyer trying to learn how a wedding works from the beginning and all sorts of problems but we overcame them and it was a success.  We finally got to the chapel and they had the wedding and everything was good!  Then she taps my shoulder and says "Elder, is this almost over?  I left the baby home alone and she is sick?"  Elder Carter and I pulled our jaws off of the floor and had to hurry and get the baptismal service going so she could go and save her 4 month old baby that she left at home!  Man some crazy things happen down here haha.  But the best part is that we saw her in the street later that night and she said that she felt like she was living a dream and she was so happy.  They are great!  It was a total miracle and as Moroni explains in chapter 7, miracles have not ceased.  We just need to put our faith in the Lord and through him we can work great things.

27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?

 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.

This week also we found a young man named Brandon in the street.  He took us straight to his house and we taught him and his family.  We came back a couple days later and he was eating at the table.  When he stood up I about died.  He was wearing a BYU t shirt!  What are the odds of that?!  We have to teach him a lot and get him excited about church but I think he has promise!

So our landlord came by our house in the morning about a week ago and asked us if he could use some of our electricity to do a little maintenance job behind our house. The next part of the week we see him setting up a fence behind the place.  He had tapped into our electricity and was using a jumper cable to weld the fence in the middle of the rain.  Now I'm not an expert or anything but I would say that he was playing with danger haha.  

Well I love you guys!  Have a great week!

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment