Tuesday, July 15, 2014

7/15/14 Hello, Hello!

Hello everyone!! How are all of you?!  Thank you so much for your love and support of me while I have been on the mission!  As I have read all of your emails I have gotten to be pretty emotional haha.  Only because I love all of you so much and I am so grateful for all that you do for me!  Also thank you so much for the package mom! I love you so much and it made me feel so good!  Keep them coming haha.
The MTC has been a big adjustment! Can you say 180 degree turn around. Wow.  So much has happened in just one week.  I feel like I already could write a book about all of the things I am learning and all of the experiences I have only had here in one week!  I now know that everything that my siblings have told me about the mission and about the MTC are true.  I constantly find myself looking back on their advice and it helps me so much every day.

So much has happened I don't even know where to start!  The first day I got here we had a lot to do and we were really busy.  I was put on a bus and sent over to west campus haha. For those of you that don't know, West Campus is the bomb haha.  All of the elders that are going to spanish speaking missions are there so basically spanish is spoken all the time.  The culture of west campus is completely different too.  Everyone says hi and shakes each others hand as we walk by and talk about where we are going.  Right now I'm on the main campus to write this email and we say hi and the elders just kind of look at us funny.  It's okay though they're great too.  

We have had a lot of funny experiences while we've been here.  So we finally got to our apartment on the first night and we start to get ready for bed when we realize that there is no water in our apartment.. it didn't work haha.  That's the toilet, shower, and sink.  We kept telling the workers that we need some help in our apartment and nothing happened haha.  Then one day we walked into the main office to tell them again and the President of the MTC was standing there.  One of the elders I was with told him the problem and he was so great.  He called up the head of some office and they moved us into a new room.  So we had to put everything back into our suitcases and lug all of our things to the new room.  We were so grateful though, we were the stinkiest missionaries in the MTC for the first couple of days.  

Yesterday I found out some crazy news.  My mission is being reassigned.... for one transfer.  I am the only one going to Costa Rica in the advanced class so I have to wait for them to finish with the six week program while I'm in some provo mission or something!  I'm really excited to get out there and do some real work!  So I get my new assignment around Thursday so I will let all of you know next pday where I am going.  Also, I'll probably be leaving around the beginning of next week so I might not have another pday here in the MTC.

My companion's name is Elder Prugue. He's from Peru but he grew up here mostly in the United States. He likes math and science, and he's not very in to jokes haha.  I think he's learning to love them though;)  Everyone in my zone is awesome and we get along very well!  We joke around a lot be we get down to business!  It has been really hard to be in the advanced Spanish class to be honest.  I opened my English scriptures for the first time yesterday because I have just been craving some English.  Also, we speak only Spanish and it has been difficult.  But I know the Lord is providing a way for me to learn all of this material and learn to teach in Spanish. The spirit here at the MTC is so strong and I enjoy it a lot.  Good food, good people, and good spanish.. that's all I need haha.

I love you all and I hope everything is well!  Till next week!

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment